Birth Doula Services
I trained as a birth doula through DONA International at the Simkin Center for Allied Birth Vocations at Bastyr University in 2016. I am certified as a doula by PALS (Pacific Association of Labor Support), and abide by their code of ethics. I offer birth doula services on the eastside of Lake Washington, from Snohomish to Snoqualmie.
I take a very limited number of clients (approximately 1 per month), and am a good match for individuals with concerns about anxiety and fear who want to integrate mindfulness practices, nervous system science, and sensory awareness into their coping plans.
My role as a doula is to support and guide you through the process of pregnancy and birth, to make sure that your birth experience has all the pieces in place to be all that you desire -- and that you're prepared and content with your plan b... c, and d... if it doesn't. I'm an information-loaded cheerleader, a master facilitator of the making of pros and cons lists, and a birth-and-baby-sherpa, all wrapped in one!
Questions? Let’s find a time to chat on the phone or meet for tea!
Doula Support Includes…
- Two prenatal visits to discuss your wishes, worries, thoughts, and feelings about your pregnancy and birth.
- Ongoing phone, text, and/or email support.
- I am on-call for your birth from weeks 38-42 (two weeks before and after your due date), with ongoing ability to get to you within appoximately 2hrs after you contact me.
- A backup doula is covered under the same pricing structure, in case of emergency on my end.
- Two postpartum follow up visits to make sure your new family's needs are met, and to debrief and discuss your experience of the birth.
Add-Ons & Extras
Mindfulness Skills in Birth
Harnessing my experience as a mindfulness educator, I offer a 1-hr private class aimed at teaching mindfulness techniques as a coping mechanism, and catered to your goals.
This class is most helpful at least a month prior to your due date, so you have time to practice the concepts.
Photographing your family with your new addition is a lovely way to wrap up our time working together to support your pregnancy and birth experience.
It is a pleasure to offer all doula clients a 50% discount on a family photoshoot (regular price $400) once baby is home.